Welcome to UCREW!
UCREW (noun): University CREW, a highly interactive outreach committee that focuses on building relationships with University and College students in their region through programs, events, and networking opportunities with their CREW members, established in 2006.
UCREW Focus & Goals
- Make An Impact: We are here to promote awareness of the variety of jobs throughout the commercial real estate industry and create opportunities.
- Raise Awareness: CREW offers many benefits to students and their members through promotion of companies and businesses, networking, and community involvement.
- Support Prospects: We offer students mentoring opportunities through CREW members, scholarships, and guidance on navigating the commercial real estate world.
UCREW's first internship fair was held in March of 2013 at UNC Charlotte Center City Campus and hosted over 20 local companies looking to fill internship positions for that summer. Besides internship opportunities, iFAIR offers students mini-series on several relevant topics, networking opportunities, and door prizes.
Luncheons are held on the second Tuesday of each month at Charlotte Country Club, and CREW encourages students to attend. The speakers cover a wide variety of topics related to commercial real estate as well as regional and national issues. Students are provided with a special rate at registration and are then paired with a CREW member at the luncheon to help them navigate and network. Registration is required and can be done online, click here.
UCREW Internships & Shadowing
- Internships: CREW encourages students in real estate, as well as undergraduates and graduates of any major to explore careers in the commercial real estate industry. Internships provide valuable on-the-job training which is one of the most important ways to prepare to enter the workforce, and allows for the opportunity to get a good sense of the company's culture and whether or not it would be a good fit.
- Shadowing: Opportunities are provided for job shadowing with a professional in the commercial real estate industry. Shadowing consists of a half day with a professional in their field of interest and occurs throughout the year. Students interested in this opportunity can sign up through UCREW by clicking here.
The CREW Network Foundation offers opportunities for scholarship funds to female junior, senior, or graduate level college students enrolled in an accredited commercial real estate program or in a focus of study in a qualified field of commercial real estate. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and are intended to encourage women to pursue an education which will lead to a career in the commercial real estate industry. Scholarship winners will also be given the opportunity to participate in a summer internship with CBRE. For more information, visit the CREW Network Foundation or click here.
UCREW Panel Discussions
In conjunction with local universities, UCREW hosts a panel discussion with several CREW members representing the commercial real estate industry. Led by a moderator, students can enjoy an interactive discussion with industry leaders on a variety of topics. These sessions are also used to teach students networking fundamentals, offer powerful career resources, and provide relationship-building opportunities in career development. For a panel discussion near you, visit the events calendar.
For all UCREW events, click here.
For More Information
Indoff Commercial Interiors
Cushman & Wakefield